For over 2000 years the Reishi mushroom has been used by many, it is a plant of longevity, and balance and consciousness. Reishi gently works on helping your body stay in control, steadily benefitting you over time.
Today Rå Hygge loves it for the same reasons it's always been loved for. This cheesecake recipe is not only amazing to taste, and some fun for everyone involved, but it looks amazing and implores all the benefits of Rå Hygge’s Reishi Mushroom Coffee.
Reishi Turmeric Raw Cheesecake
Serves: 4-5 people
Preparation time: Soak cashew nuts min. 3 hours, 10 min to melt the coconut oil and 10 min to brew the Reishi Mushroom Coffee.
Cooking time: 1 hour + 6 hours in the freezer + 1/2 h decoration.
You will need:
- 20 cm diameter baking spring form, with removable sides and bottom.
- Container for soaking cashews
- 1 liter jar with measuring units
- Spatula and spoon
- Good quality food processor for the crust
- Good quality high-speed blender, for the cream.
- 2 bowls or glass jars, different sizes, for melting the coconut oil and chocolate.
- 2 bowls for the cheesecake cream
- Wrapping plastic to cover the bottom of the cake form
- One chop stick
300 g. Walnuts
7. Dates, medjoul
2 tbsp. Coconut oil
1 tsp. Lucuma
1 tsp. Vanilla powder or extract
1 tsp. Himalaya salt
Turmeric cake cream (basis):
3 1/2 cups. Cashew nuts, soaked overnight
200 ml. Almond Milk
400 ml. Agave syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla essence or powder
1 tbs. Lucuma *
1 tsp. Cinnamon, powder
1tsp. Cardamom, powder
1 tsp. Turmeric powder
400 ml. Coconut oil, melted
Reishi coffee cream:
300 ml. Reishi Coffee
1/2 of chai cream. Tumeric Cake Cream
Melted Raw chocolate or 80% organic dark chocolate - be creative
- Make the Reishi Mushroom Coffee as espresso or as you normally would do it. Let it cool a bit before you add it to the other ingredients.
- First of all, boil some water, take the 2 bowls and make a “bain marie” to melt the coconut oil
- Cover the bottom of your cake tray with plastic wrap. Set aside for after.
- Blend walnuts briefly
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Remove from blender and press it gently down the cake form, to make the bottom crust
- Put in the fridge, while making the creams
Turmeric cake cream:
- Drain and rinse your soaked cashews
- Put them in a blender, along with syrup, turmeric, vanilla, lucuma, cinnamon, cardamom and a pinch of himalayan salt
- Blend until smooth
- Add the melted Coconut oil and blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour half the turmeric cream into a bowl and leaving half in the blender to make the Reishi Coffee cream!
Reishi Coffee cake cream
- Put the cooled Reishi Coffee into the blender with the remaining turmeric cream
- Blend until it comes together and its nice and creamy
- Pour it into a bowl
Now you have a turmeric cream and a Reishi Coffee cream!
- Take cake from freezer.
- Pour in both the turmeric cream and the Reishi coffee cream together
- Make swirls of the 2 creams
Ingredient & nutrition information:
Reishi Mushroom. Research shows that Reishi mushrooms act as a normalizing substance, regulating various cellular functions and systems, including the endocrine (hormonal), immune, cardiovascular, central nervous and digestive systems. They can help your body cope with stress more efficiently and help regulate hormone levels to optimize your health.
Lucuma is dried fruit powder from Peru, high in fibers, vitamins and minerals.
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory benefits.